Your child will be using the PLD for both in-class and out-of-class learning. This will prepare them for a technology-driven world.
Watch the video below to hear what the experience was like for other parents.
Device Management Application (DMA)
For in-school use of the PLD, the following DMA settings will be in place as a default:
- MOE and the school will set the level of web content filtering, including filtering out social media sites, pornography, gambling, extremist and violence-related sites
- PLD usage time will be set to 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The school will determine the applications and programmes to be installed to support teaching and learning
- A parent/guardian account will be enabled to allow you to monitor your child’s/ward’s PLD activities and partner the school to ensure his/her cyber well-being
DMA After-School Options
There are three DMA options, each providing parents with different levels of restrictions, control and monitoring after school hours:
1. Default setting: School and after school hours settings are similar
2. Option A: Parents can modify DMA settings after school hours
3. Option B: Parents can disable the DMA after school hours
More details on the three DMA options can be found under “Other Resources”.
Should you wish to change your child’s / ward’s DMA After-School options, you can submit the request via the link previously sent in PG.
|1. Parent Handbook (I) on Learning with a PLD
|2. Parent Handbook (II) on Learning with a PLD
|3. DMA Settings After School Hours